nature2need ppC Clay Blends are a series of natural clays embedded into enhanced polyolefin matrix systems to combine extreme performance & true sustainability with easy processing. nature2need clays are natural hydrated magnesium silicates that are directly used (standard grades).
ppC PT30MB compounds are suitable for general purpose injection moulding applications on standard equipment and standard injection molds (designed for polyolefines like PP/PE). All ppC Clay Blends have improved processing, mechanical and thermal properties compared to standard polyolefines. The grades can be blended with any traditional color masterbatch during part manufacturing. All ppC grades are durable grades; the material is UV/AO stabilized.
Optionally, all ppC grades can be blended with natural fibers, agricultural residues or any 2nd/3rd generation biomass (e.g., bamboo, rice husk, coffee husk, straw, wood flour) or with EU 10/2011 complicant flecks - for a natural/speckled look and feel
Part wall-thickness shall be greater than 0.8 mm.
ppC Clay Blends come with extraordinary advantages compared to virign polyolefins:
• natural / environmentally sustainable
• no smell / no VOCs
• improved mechanical properties
• improved thermal stability
• improved processing; i.e., faster cooling times / faster cycle times
• no material drying necessary
• lower shrinkage rates, less prone to sink marks and warpage
• improves part-level barrierer functions
• gives a warm and sturdy feeling to the final part
• microwave, freezer and dishwasher ok
• suitable for IML/IMD
• compliant with EU 10/2011 (OM3), all substances listed on the Union List; FDA compliant
• substances use no food sources
• market relevant cost levels
general purpose, tableware, consumer goods, petware, personal care, cosmetics
technical data (TDS)
MFI (190°C/2.16 kg)
15.4 g/10 min
HDT-B (@ 0.46 MPa)
elongation @ yield
elongation @ break
impact IZOD (notched)
Test Methods: ASTM D1238, ASTM D648, ASTM D638, ASTM D790A, ASTM D638, ASTM D256, ASTM D2240; typical values; all mechanical properties as per ASTM D638 Type I specimen, injection molded in accordance with AST; D4101.
products made with